Roller Burnishing Tools Can Take Surface Finishing To New Heights
Home › Blog › Cutting Tools › Roller Burnishing Tools Can Take Surface Finishing To New Heights
Posted by Admin on December, 15, 2014
Burnishing is a process where a machined surface is finished to a polished mirror like surface, using these roller burnishing tools. The rapid development in technology has helped the tools manufacturers to come up with such efficient tools, which ultimately save on time and money, besides rendering an excellent and near perfect finish on metal components. The job of a Roller Burnishing Tools Supplier is to identify the end use requirements of their customers and supply them the burnishing tool that is best suited for it
Design and Construction
To explain the construction of the burnishing tools in simple terms, these are cylindrical in shape and have the burnishing material, typically carbide rollers, embedded in a hard metal cage at even intervals. When the job is made to rotate against the burnishing tool at an elliptical angle, the surface gets evenly polished. The unit for measuring the surface roughness is Ra and good quality burnishing tools are capable of achieving Ra0.05 to Ra0.35. The process is a cold process and its like an ironing of a surface where the undulations are pressed and brought to a level with the whole surface to obtain the finish as smooth and shiny as possible.
Benefits and Applications of Burnishing Technology
- Roller burnishing as above can yield a mirror like finishes on ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Where it is a component manufacturing unit, making a large number of pieces every shift, roller burnishing technology helps ensure a consistent surface finish and the tolerance limits are also maintained uniformly.
- In conventional processes like honing and lapping, multi operations had to be done; this increases the process duration and machine downtime for tool changing, etc., but in the roller burnishing process, it is a single pass operation; savings can be huge.
- The cold process also brings with it the added advantage of the surface hardness of the job being protected giving it longer life.
- Another benefit of using the roller burnishing tools is that they can be used with any type of machine by the end user, from the conventional lathes to even a special purpose machinery.
- The applications where roller burnishing tools are used, include making through holes, polishing of shafts, tapered surfaces and so on.
It is therefore left to the ability of the Roller Burnishing Tools Supplier to make this dynamic tool in such a way that their customers gain a lot from using them and keep coming back for more.
This entry was posted on December, 15, 2014 at 18 : 26 pm and is filed under Cutting Tools. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.
July, 20, 2015 at 17 : 20 pm
Try cutting down on after dinner snacks and you will probably view a marked improvement within your weight.
Though, pills or celebrity diets that curb being hungry
help in shedding pounds to your degree, but a majority of physicians warn why
these fat loss ways are unhealthy methods of shedding pounds.
By monitoring the volume of calories you happen to be consuming
the whole day you will know how much calories you've got already consumed
and exactly how more you might be allowed to have at any point inside
August, 12, 2015 at 11 : 34 am
They reason that since privacy controversy is still not settled, revealing too much of yourselves
online poses threats and should be avoided. You may also
interact in fun ways using your followers. The biggest proponent on this change is that the brand new Google+ Local pages are directly tied in the social networking Google+.